If you are charged with an Arizona DUI offense in 2016, new laws will apply to your case. The new DUI laws include significant changes to the old DUI laws, including the following possibilities:
- Continuous alcohol monitoring program (instead of actual jail)
- Home detention and electronic monitoring (instead of actual jail)
- Prisoner work program (instead of actual jail)
- Community restitution program (instead of actual jail)
- Less driving privilege suspension time in favor of ignition interlock devices
- Less jail time
- Arizona MVD will now allow an online Request for Hearing if your driver’s license is suspended pursuant to Admin Per Se/Implied Consent laws
- More jail time suspended upon successful completion of an alcohol screening and assessment
- Protected jury trial rights for all DUI cases
DUI Legal Defenses Utilized by Griffen & Stevens
Here are some of the many defenses Mr. Griffen and Mr. Stevens aggressively argue in DUI cases:
- No corpus delicti (failure to prove driving or actual physical control of a vehicle)
- Illegal and unconstitutional traffic stop (no reasonable suspicion)
- Insufficient evidence for arrest (no probable cause)
- Failure to properly administer Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs)
- Miranda violations (right to remain silent and right to legal counsel)
- Failure to adequately advise of Admin Per Se/Implied Consent
- Inaccurate testing of breath or blood (defective devices and procedures)
- Illegal blood draw
- Defective retrograde analysis
- Denial of right to do an independent test
DUI laws are constantly evolving in Arizona. Griffen & Stevens are skilled legal researchers who continuously study and analyze DUI laws, including recent legislation relating to jail time, home detention, license suspensions, and ignition interlock devices.
Experienced DUI Defense Services
DUI convictions in Arizona can ruin your life. You may face lengthy jail time, excessive fines and fees, costly treatment programs, loss of employment and job opportunities, destruction of personal and professional relationships, and public embarrassment.
Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC aggressively defends against DUI charges ranging from DUI Slightest to “Super Extreme DUI” (0.20% or More) to Aggravated DUI. Utilizing litigation and DUI jury trial experience, Bruce S. Griffen and Ryan J. Stevens challenge the State’s case in every way possible under the law and fight to minimize jail terms, lower costs, and get DUI cases dismissed.
Often, Mr. Griffen and Mr. Stevens obtain favorable outcomes without putting you through the stress of a lengthy public trial. If your case does proceed to trial, Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC has the experience, knowledge, and skills to give you your best shot at winning. They treat every client with the dignity, respect, and professionalism they deserve.