If you are charged with an Arizona DUI offense, several new laws will apply to your case. The new DUI laws include significant changes to the old DUI laws, including the following possibilities:
- Home detention in place of jail, including Extreme DUI cases, during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Marijuana or THC cases may be eligible for dismissal under Arizona's Prop 207 (legalization of marijuana) in 2020
- Home detention and electronic monitoring (80% or more of any required jail time), only if convicted
- Work furlough program (instead of actual jail)
- Community restitution
- Less driving privilege suspension time in favor of ignition interlock devices
- Less jail time under several Arizona DUI laws
- Arizona MVD will now allow an online Request for Hearing if your driver’s license is suspended pursuant to Admin Per Se/Implied Consent laws
- More jail time suspended upon successful completion of an alcohol screening and assessment
- Protected jury trial rights for all DUI cases
DUI Legal Defenses Utilized by Griffen & Stevens
Here are some of the many defenses our expert DUI lawyers aggressively pursue in court:
- No corpus delicti (failure to prove driving or actual physical control of a vehicle)
- Illegal and unconstitutional traffic stop (no reasonable suspicion)
- Insufficient evidence for arrest (no probable cause of a DUI at the time the arrest decision is made)
- Failure to properly administer Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs)
- Miranda violations (right to remain silent and right to legal counsel)
- Failure to adequately advise of Admin Per Se/Implied Consent
- Inaccurate testing of breath or blood (defective devices and procedures)
- Illegal or improper blood draw by the phlebotomist
- Defective retrograde analysis
- Denial of right to do an independent test
DUI laws are constantly evolving in Arizona. Our attorneys at Griffen & Stevens are skilled legal researchers who continuously study and analyze DUI laws, including recent legislation relating to jail time, home detention, license suspensions, and ignition interlock devices.
Experienced DUI Defense Services
DUI convictions in Arizona can ruin your life. You may face lengthy jail time, excessive fines and fees, costly treatment programs, loss of employment and job opportunities, destruction of personal and professional relationships, and public embarrassment.
Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC aggressively defends against DUI charges ranging from DUI Slightest to “Super Extreme DUI” (0.20% or More) to Aggravated DUI. Utilizing litigation and DUI jury trial experience, expert trial attorneys Bruce S. Griffen, Ryan J. Stevens, and Ian van Schilfgaarde challenge the State’s case in every way possible under the law and fight to minimize jail terms, lower costs, and get DUI cases dismissed.
Often, our attorneys can obtain favorable outcomes without putting you through the stress of a lengthy public trial. If your case does proceed to trial, Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC has the experience, knowledge, and skills to give you your best shot at winning. They treat every client with the dignity, respect, and professionalism they deserve.