Mr. Griffen has lived in Flagstaff since graduating from NAU (’74), and Pepperdine School of Law (’78). He has raised his family here, generously donating his time to local youth organizations. Like Ryan J. Stevens, Mr. Griffen is a competitive runner and triathlete. Mr. Griffen looks forward to serving his clients with professionalism, energy, and vigor.
Certifications & Services
- 2021 Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rating
- American College of Trial Lawyers (2009-2021) – “Fellowship limited to one percent of the lawyers in any individual State or Province.”
- Arizona Bar, Admitted/Member (1978)
- Recipient, Tom Karas Criminal Justice Award (2009) – presented by the Board of Governors of the Arizona Bar Association “to a criminal defense practitioner who has worked tirelessly to advance principles of criminal justice by representing clients with integrity, fairness, tenacity, creativity, brilliance and above all professionalism.”
- Coconino County Bar Association (Flagstaff, AZ), Member, Past President (1987)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1983 - present)
- U.S. District Court for Arizona and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (1980 - present)
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Founding Member
- National Organization of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Assocation, Member (Criminal Justice Section)
- Coconino County Bar Association (Flagstaff, AZ), Member
Top 1% of Trial Lawyers in Arizona
(Source: American College of Trial Lawyers)
Bruce S. Griffen is a third-generation native Arizonan. He is a member of all state and federal courts in the State of Arizona, as well as the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Griffen is an expert trial attorney in criminal defense. Mr. Griffen is a founding and former board member of Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice and a member of National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys. Mr. Griffen has previously served on the Criminal Rules Committee of the Arizona State Bar. He has lectured throughout the state on numerous criminal defense topics.