No motor vehicle crash is a good motor vehicle crash.
Whether the accident in question is head-on, rear-end, side-impact, rollover, single vehicle, or involves a commercial vehicle, every single crash has the potential to cause injury. And many of those injuries are severe—severe enough to be life-threatening or, at the very least, life-changing.
Potential Car Accident Injuries
Even if your vehicle is equipped with quality safety features, the list of injuries that can occur in a car accident is still lengthy. Injuries can include:
- Crushing injuries
- Lacerations from broken glass or other car parts
- Broken bones throughout the body
- Loss of limbs
- Head and brain injuries
- Whiplash and other injuries to the neck and back
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries (including internal bleeding that may not be immediately spotted)
That list is frightening enough, but there is, of course, the added possibility that any of those injuries could result in death.
Get Immediate Treatment for Your Car Accident Injuries
If you are hurt in a car accident—even if the injury seems inconsequential at first—it is absolutely essential that you get medical attention as quickly as possible. This is important for a number of reasons:
- First and foremost, you want to be sure to get a thorough examination to ensure your injuries are properly identified and treated. The shock and rush of adrenaline that often follows an accident can mask your symptoms, so getting checked out right away ensures you don’t miss something that can cause problems later.
- Your doctor will be able to prescribe appropriate medications to help you manage the pain caused by your injury.
- Quick attention limits the possibility that you will inadvertently make an injury worse or develop complications later.
- Having a doctor’s report that details all of your injuries is an essential part of any legal case you may bring in an effort to recover damages from the responsible party.
Contact Our Flagstaff Car Accident Attorneys Today
A doctor is the most important person you can see after an accident in which you have been injured. That said, an attorney is a fairly close second.
That’s because insurance companies are, as a rule, eager to settle with accident victims early—and at as low of a cost as possible. That means you may not receive the full compensation you deserve if you allow an insurance company to call the shots.
Instead, get help from an experienced personal injury attorney who knows how to negotiate with insurance companies—and how to represent your interests in court if it comes to that. An attorney can help make sure you get access to the full report of the accident and will aggressively build the case for appropriate compensation for your injuries.
Finding an attorney to represent your interests is equally important if one of your loved ones has been killed in a motor vehicle crash. Your understandable grief will make it difficult for you to look out for your family’s interests. An attorney can make sure no one takes advantage of you during an extremely challenging time.
If You Have Been Injured, We Are Here to Help
The attorneys of Griffen & Stevens have the experience and expertise necessary to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve after being injured in a car accident. From negotiating with insurance companies to arguing in court, our team is committed to protecting your interests. And because we work on a contingency basis—meaning we don’t get paid unless we win your case—you can afford the high-quality representation you need.
If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed in a car accident, we are ready and able to help. Contact us today to set up a free initial consultation.